Friday, September 21, 2012

How long will we be traveling???? Contest


We've been busy.  Seen two National Parks in two days, a dinosaur museum (we got to go into the lab and see how they clean the bones), trip out to Rabbit Valley for walking along and seeing where they are excavating out dinosaur bones, and a Pow Wow.  I think I walked 5 miles in the last two days.  Photographing dancers at the Pow Wow tonight was like trying to get pictures of a whirling dervish.  We're pooped out, but can sleep in tomorrow.  That is exciting to even think about.

I started thinking about our trip today.  We are just about the luckiest people in the world.  To be able to just go and travel when, where we want.  It is just so neat and such a blessing.  I am overwhelmed.  I also started wondering when we will end up going home.  We could potentially keep going for as long as we are healthy, but will our desire to see things end, will we get tired of this, or will we just keep having fun and wanting to stay out on the trail?

I decided to have a contest and let people make a guess when they think we will go "home."  This would be the date that John and I just say, OK, we're done with this and we want to "settle down."  We are going to give a prize - $100 to the person closest to the date we call it quits.  This is for fun and hopefully you will follow our blog and keep up with our trials and tribulations, along with all the good times we are going to have.

So, if you want to play, submit your date that we will end our journey and I will keep a list and the closest date -- without going past the date will win the $100.  I will announce the winner.

Just to be fair I will tell you that we do have a travel schedule up to November 11th in Daytona Beach and you can be pretty sure we will keep going until then.

What is your guess?  Let me know.  I'll be curious to see what you are thinking.  Don't forget to send us ideas from your best places.  Someone shared they loved the arch in St. Louis, Missouri and we are now going there.

Hugs....................... and happy trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment