Saturday, August 24, 2024

London 8/20-22/2024

 Two trains and easy walk to my Airbnb.  Just opted for a room and I got a huge space.  Didn't notice no TV, so glad I love to read and can work on my blog.

I'm  in a basement and I like that it is cool.  Great bed.  Slept in late today.  Many goofy things, but OK.






Went to a Couchsurfing meetup at a bar close enough for me to walk to.  Had one beer. Met some nice folks and walked home before it got really dark.  Did stop on way back for some food, simple stuff. 


 Today I walked downtown in this area, walked by British Museum and was going to pop in and I don't know how many people were in line, no thanks.  Stopped into an amazing ceramics shop.  If I was rich I would have bought one of each.  Really top of the line work.

Along my walk so many interesting things.







 

One of my other destinations was Fabrique. A favorite bakery (went in 2019) as they have cardamon buns.  So, in essence I walked about 3 miles to have this treat.  Ate 2, brought 3 home.  Good breakfast.  Now I'm  pastry bankrupt.



So all is going great.  If I have my pastry and coffee all is good.



2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome. Miss London. Beautiful places. Enjoy!! Huggers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! I never know where you will be next lol

    ReplyDelete