Wednesday, August 21, 2024

8/19/24 Off for a Week in London

 Monday my pet sitting family, hereinafter Dot and Geoff, took me for a ride up to Chartwell, Winston Churchill's home from 1921 and lived there 40 years.  A beautiful estate and gardens.  His artist studio is there and we were able to see many of his paintings.  I'm  a real fan of his in most respects.  Perfect no, but I feel we'd  be living a different world if he hadn't been at the helm during WWII.















I wanted to sit here and have tea.
Such a beautiful room.





We then drove home.  I had mentioned lemon possessions to Dot.  She'd never had it.  Looked up recipe and we decided to make it.  Fu. To cook together.  Geoff, king of the French fry, who knew I loved them made a batch and a super tender steak, salad.  A wonderful dinner with now dear friends.  We will visit again.

Oh yes, we had a little wine, lol

Delicious feast

Great, lovely friends.  I'll  miss them and
Kitty cat Harvey.  He even slept with me
After they came home.  Super kitty.


Lemon possessions, tasty with shortbread.
 

Went to bed and looked out my window and
there was a beautiful full moon saying Goodbye to me from East Grinstead 




No comments:

Post a Comment