Sunday, April 26, 2020

4/26/2020 Sunday, another day


4/26/2020 Sunday.....another day

Sunday, a new day just like the others..... got my new table yesterday. My friend, Austin, did the woodwork and made the legs so I look forward to having dinners again........soon, someday? I was thinking about him and his family. They were the first friends we made in Florida, next door neighbors. We've had so many fun times over the years. Austin was a mere boy when we met and on May 9th he will turn 21 years old. Funny how he aged and I didn't.

My table is beautiful. I bought the wood a few months ago and hired Austin to finish it for me. Lots of sanding and hard work went into it. It is so heavy and big. Has removable legs so we could get it in the door. The nice thing about a custom table is that I had it made a little shorter so I can work in my office chair and have my feet touch the ground. Ergonomically perfect for me. I promised Austin the first meal.


Austin manufactured the legs that I chose
and they are sturdy and durable. So happy.

I immediately covered it with a plastic tablecloth and am starting on about 5 projects. Trick now is to complete one of them, LOL.

I've been hanging pictures, art so slowly. I have too many picture and not enough walls. So trying to be selective and I can't seem to just do it. Slow, slow.



Every surface covered







Fell asleep in my chair and up at 5 am, will do stuff today and then I'm sure take a nap. Listening to Santana, will file some papers. Seems I've printed out lots of recipes lately from coffee cake to limoncello. I don't have to print them, but if I don't I'll forget things I want to make. I have a drawer full now.

Lists, I've got lists everywhere. What to buy at the grocery store (don't want to forget anything since I go only once a week). List for projects to do, people to call, etc.

Have enjoyed visiting with friends via messenger, FB, Zoom, and actually the phone. I've had some of my longest conversations ever in my life. Talked to my friend in Boise for an hour and one half, wow. Finally had to say I've got to hang up because my elbow is hurting.

So upcoming week plans (too funny). I am going to try to force myself to do better starting Monday. Daily walk unless it pours like it has for a lot of the past week, and I mean torrential rain with thunder and lightening. Try again to dedicate an hour a day to my Spanish language work and get some more stuff up on the wall. Ambitious goals I know.......LOL.

Must share my goose girl who is nesting. I've been seeing her for three weeks when I take my walk along the canal. She is getting used to me now as I gently give her a greeting. Last week she was standing up (stretching her legs I imagine) and I was able to see her four large eggs. She's such a good mom. She is so close to the road and just very exposed to people who walk along the canal.  Seems the mom is the one who picks the nest location (I just read that), but it just seems like such a strange place.  Says they like to have a good line of sight up high, so I guess accomplished that.   I was taking pictures of her and stupidly standing in a red ant hill that I was alerted to by burning bites. So glad I had a paper towel in my hand because I had to spend ten minutes getting those horrid things off me. They were all over my shoes, socks and climbing up my legs and under my pants. Ouch, ouch. Learned a good lesson and suffered for about a week with blisters and itching. I am going to walk today and hope that the eggs have hatched so goose girl can move about. This has been a great experience watching this up close.






https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Canada_Goose/lifehistory


This week has been sad for me personally when I look at my calendar and see that I was supposed to fly to London April 22nd and fly to Paris on April 23rd for a wonderful trip.  So that's the end of my whining.  I hope that we can travel again safely, soon.  I don't have time to sit around!!!!!!  I have spent quite a bit of time working on plane, train, hotel, Airbnb, tour refunds or travel vouchers.  It is so comforting to know that I have a travel voucher for Ukrainian Airlines!!!!  Much rather have the money.  I'm such a fiend for planning ahead, way ahead, and now I feel I might be changing my idea about that and go a little more spontaneously.  My great fear is that I will have to spend a night in a train station if I don't plan ahead.  Have to give this some thought for future travel.

I wish you all success in your endeavors. It is a good time to try new things. YouTube has been great, TED talks, Spanish lessons, different crafts and techniques, visiting with friends.  I have never in my life watched so much TV.  Lots of good documentaries which I enjoy, some good movies and some trashy stuff too.  Can't make everything educational I guess.  Eating is still challenging, but I know I'm not the only one struggling. I think a lot of us will come out of this with 5 or more pounds to show for it. I hope to look back on this experience as one where I learned new things about myself and as a result can make some improvements.  I am working on perfection, but it is hard.


Good to know that everyone I personally know has not been affected by the virus. I have heard of friends of friends who have either been sick or have passed away. That does give this all a reality check. I find it amazing that some people take this as a hoax or government plot, but I guess to each their own. As for me and mine, we are going to be very careful when things open up.  And, of course, I have the luxury of being retired and not having to go out and face the world to put food on the table.  An almost worse part for me is how they are talking about this coming back in Fall/Winter. I guess we'll see what happens and if so, how strong it is? We just don't know.

So that's it from here in my messy, busy, fun and wonderful room. I do hope to make progress to get this room complete. I'll set a mental deadline, but I'm not sharing that just in case I don't make it. LOL.

Hugs and stay safe out there......................
Flowers in my neighborhood



1 comment:

  1. WOW I love the table, just stunning. Too bad you covered it up, but with projects going on I can understand. Be nice when projects done so you can set a vase of beautiful flowers on it and admire the beauty. Love those flower pics too, I just noticed this year we have one of those yellow flower trees here on the property, it is a funny looking tree butthe flowers are beautiful on it. So nice always to read of your adventures weather near or far. Thank you for sharing. I got my "to do" list done yesterday. I will make a new one tomorrow and what I do not get done is fine it's just little stuff to get me off my butt...😊

    ReplyDelete