Saturday, May 2, 2020

Street Art - Sweet Art

Murals, Public Art, Sculptures..........Unnatural in Nature

I have always been in love with street art of all types.  This stuff is many times really big, some bold, but there to be noticed.  I love cities that support it and pay some big bucks for art that is shared with the entire world for free.

I'm putting this compilation together.  Art from Mexico, Berlin, Paris, London, St. Petersburg, Florida, Boise, Idaho and all the places I've been to where I've been amazed by what I saw.   Going through my photos I knew I had to include memorials.  There are many war memorials, too many.

And included will be a few photos of one of my favorites, state capitols.  They are public art, free, and they have workmanship like you will never see again.  Such detail, beautiful materials used (old woods, marble, granite, carvings, handmade furniture).  When you travel I highly recommend an hour or two to see any state capitol you are near.  I've seen 46 or 47 and my goal is to see them all.  You won't be disappointment if you love workmanship, quality and architecture.

Going through photos, I realized I have to include funny or unusual signs, and things that are corny that you can take your picture with.  I can't pass up the put your head in the hole and be a dinosaur, or alligator.  John always just groaned.  I love this kind of stuff.  Hope you do too.

I hope you enjoy this.  I think it is rich, fun, and amazing.  I don't know if I could live without art in the world.

California 2007


John, loved his family first, gold panning second
Northern Idaho 7/08

Canmore, Canada  7/08

Olympic Village, Calgary, Canada 7/08

Have to include corny things too.
Olympic Village, Calgary, Canada 7/08

Public yes, art ?
Calgary, Canada 7/08

Sculpture Garden, Punta Sur Cliff - Isla Mujeres, Mexico
9/08

Kukulcan Plaza, Cancun, Mexico
Quite a ceiling for a mall.  9/08

John got the biggest kick out of the zebra.  Thought he
looked sneaky and we laughed every time we saw it.
This was at the Rainforest Cafe in Cancun, long gone 9/08

Hard Rock, Cancun 9/08


Cool sculpture, makes a nice chair.
Fun day of snorkeling at Yal-Ku, close to Akumal.  One
of my favorite places in the world.  9/08

Wonderful sculptures at Yal-Ku 0/08

A beautiful sculpture.  Yal-Ku 09/08

Icon for Idaho City, where Idaho was founded due to gold rush.
We always took a photo here when we had guests.   10/08
John, me and our Exchange student daughter, Cherry, from China.

Symbol of Boise, Table Top Rock with the Cross that
lights at night.  You would not believe the controversy this cross
has brought.  But it has stayed as it is on private land.  It beams
above the city.  Quite a hike up there.........  11/08

 Raleigh, North Carolina  5/08




George Washington sculpture depicted as Roman General.
This was an especially beautiful capitol building.  5/08

Beautiful wood and wood work.  Raleigh, NC State Capitol
5/08

2009

Isla Mujures, Mexico

Cancun

Cancun

Austin, Texas Statehouse
This capitol building is number 1 out of the 46 I've seen.
An amazing work of art, don't miss it if you get to the area.

Terry's Texas Rangers Monument - 1907

Lackland AF Base, San Antonio, TX

Port Townsend, WA

Around Port Townsend, WA
Fun place, can write on and post a dollar bill on wall

Ghent, Belgium

Graffiti Street -- Ghent, Belgium











There's more, but this is a sampling.











No comments:

Post a Comment