Friday, April 17, 2020

Changing Direction

4/8/20


CHANGING DIRECTION

My blog in the past has mostly been about travel.  Well since there is no travel at this time I will redirect my thoughts to life -- which of course is interesting.  This is such a historic time that I will hope is never repeated.

I've been trying to post positive things for myself and to share.  My post for today was:



I watched the most fascinating Netflix documentary the other night, "Life Overtakes Me".  I had never even heard of this type of trauma before in immigrant children in Sweden (now being seen quite a bit in Australia).  It is called Resignation Syndrome where some refugee children go into a coma-like state upon notification that the family is to be deported back to their homeland.  The documentary is 40 minutes long and I was amazed by this information.  Highly recommended unless you're only a light comedy person.  


Puzzles, when was the last time I've done a puzzle.  This is like being a child again and looked for fun and play.  How enjoyable and distracting working on a puzzle can be.  I find my total attention devoted to finding that one piece and that gives my brain some rest.  




Something so simple, but I just read this about the benefits: 

"Solving puzzles helps reinforce existing connections between our brain cells. It also increases the generation of new relationships. This, in turn, improves mental speed and thought processes. Jigsaw puzzles are especially good for improving short-term memory."

A friend of a friend wrote this and I think it is meaningful.

TRAFFIC is gone, GAS is affordable,
BILLS extended.
KIDS are at home with their FAMILIES.
PARENTS are home taking care of their CHILDREN.
FAST FOOD replaced by HOME COOKED MEALS.
Hectic SCHEDULES replaced by NAPS, REST, and RELAXATION.
The AIR seems CLEANER.
The WORLD quieter.
PEOPLE are conscious of HYGIENE and HEALTH.
MONEY doesn't seem to make the WORLD GO ROUND anymore.
DOCTORS AND NURSES are being praised and recognized instead of athletes and celebrities
And WE now have TIME, finally,
to STOP and SMELL the ROSES.

1 comment: