Friday, September 27, 2024

The Louve, 2nd floor. 9/26/24

My third visit to the Louve.  I just pick a section and try to see that.  I was there for 3 hours and my feet and back said enough.  I still had to truck back to the metro......and it was pouring down rain.  Luckily I did take my umbrella after thinking it over in the morning.  Right choice.

Liked their storage area.  Self serve, create code, lock your stuff and take off.

I started out deeply looking, reading.  By the end I was glancing.  I only sat a few times for a couple of minutes.  Wish I had more stamina. But did pretty good.  Museum viewing is hard on the body. Stop. Start.  Didn't take my usual coffee/snack break, too crowded.  Crowded is relative because I know if it was summer it would have been too much for me.  The rooms were fine and viewing and photos were fine.  I was grateful.

So just showing my day, no comments on artists.  I did take a photo of the description, so if curious just ask and I'll  check for you.

Stunning works of art.  i just can't believe artists can paint like they do.


Up and off for my day.

This is a candy shop that makes slabs.  They had many flavors.

A beautiful church on way to Louve from metro.

Arrived.

Wedding pictures, always popular in Paris.





Looking out the window at entry lines.  I bought a timed ticket.  Light attendance compared to Summer.






Chandler on staircase. Quite a little monster.



What an amazing dress.  How could one walk or sit?


Portrait of Martin Luther's daughter.


Portrait of a young man.  This was very beautiful.

The Money Changers.

I liked this lighting.



Loved this still life.



This was my favorite.  Self Portrait.  Very unusual to have a woman artist back in those days.  The artist did an amazing job on her eyes.

The photograph doesn't do justice to her work, especially her beautiful eyes.


Portrait of a young Napolean.  He's waving the French flag.

This was a very beautiful painting.  The woman looks so alluring.

This painting had the most precise detail of all paintings in my opinion.  This absolutely looks like a photograph.

New explorations to North.  This was an  usual showing of the aurora borealis.

Staircase ceiling.


I survived and enjoyed every moment
  Left in a huge downpour.  Wanted to beat the Metro commuter traffic.  Did stop at great bakery for my kouig amman.  Very good!!!  Worth protecting under my umbrella.



Ending with my favorite pastry.  And like Lay's  potato chips. I can't eat just one.


No comments:

Post a Comment